Use of information by Vowels
Need provider / product / service
Product / service of any customer
advertiser / need provider
Product / Service of any particular customer / advertiser / need provider
Visibility of public creative contributions
Sharing of information with third parties
Our Website typically collects two kinds of information about you: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that does not personally identify you, that we automatically collect when you visit our Website or that you provide us.
1.Personally Identifiable Information:
Our definition of personally identifiable information includes any information that may be used to specifically identify or contact you, such as your name, mailing address, phone number, etc. As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit our Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may: (a) provide your name, mailing/shipping address, email address, credit card number and phone number when registering with our Website, using our online store, or in connection with a contest entry; (b) provide certain demographic information about yourself (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey, poll or joining a club; or (c) post a product rating and recommendation on our Website. Certain information may not be personally identifiable when standing alone (e.g., your age), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your age and name). Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
2. Non-Personal Information:
Our definition of non-personal information is any information that does not personally identify you. Non-personal information can include certain personally identifiable information that has been de-identified; that is, information that has been rendered anonymous. We obtain non-personal information about you from information that you provide us, either separately or together with your personally identifiable information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. This information can include, among other things, IP addresses, the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the third party website from which your visit originated, the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), the search terms you use on our Website, the specific web pages you visit, and the duration of your visits.
I. HOW WE USE & SHARE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
The personally identifiable information you submit to us is generally used to carry out your requests, respond to your inquiries, better serve you, or in other ways naturally associated with the circumstances in which you provided the information. We may also use this information to later contact you for a variety of reasons, such as customer service, providing you promotional information for our products or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies”), or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website. You may opt-out from receiving future promotional information from us or our affiliated companies, or direct that we not share your information with any affiliated companies, as set forth below.
2. Non-Personal Information:
We use non-personal information in a variety of ways, including to help analyze site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, and to improve our services. We may use your non-personal information by itself or aggregate it with information we have obtained from others. We may share your non-personal information with our affiliated companies and third parties to achieve these objectives and others, but remember that aggregate information is anonymous information that does not personally identify you.
II. OTHER USES & INFORMATION
1. IP Addresses:
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers (computers that “serve up” web pages) automatically identify your computer by its IP address. When visitors request pages from our Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report non-personal aggregate information to others, and to track the use of our Website. IP addresses are considered non-personal information and may also be shared as provided above. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is, the visitor’s session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with our Website rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
2. Cookies, etc.:
3. Email Communications:
If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personally identifiable information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. For security reasons, we do not recommend that you send non-public personal information, such as passwords, social security numbers, or bank account information, to us by email. However, aside from our reply to such an email, it is not our standard practice to send you email unless you request a particular service or sign up for a feature that involves email communications, it relates to purchases you have made with us (e.g., product updates, customer support, etc.), we are sending you information about our other products and services, or you consented to being contacted by email for a particular purpose. In certain instances, we may provide you with the option to set your preferences for receiving email communications from us; that is, agree to some communications but not others. You may “opt out” of receiving future commercial email communications from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of most emails we send, or as provided below; provided, however, we reserve the right to send you transactional emails such as customer service communications.
Partnering with others
Provision of aggregate demographic information to third parties:
Vowels reserves the right to provide aggregate demographic information of its member base to advertisers and others so as to attract pertinent advertisers to advertise on Vowels. We do not shared personal information of individual users with advertisers.
Disclosures required by law
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Policy on abuse on Vowels
Vowels is committed to ensuring and enforcing a safe and friendly online community space for all our members. To this effect, we have come up with a policy on abuse that we would like all our members to be aware of. These rules govern the use of this Platform and its product / service offerings and we would like all our members to cooperate in complying with these rules so that everyone can have a pleasant experience.
Advertising and spamming:
- Commercial messages or promotional messages from businesses or Organisations are not permitted on the network. Vowelsindia.com provides a Platform for its members to express themselves in the form of articles, columns, opinions, comments, reviews, art and photos but the website must not be used as a medium for marketing or selling to our members.
- No advertising or promotion is allowed except where it is for an event, publication or similar item that has direct relevance to the subject of discussion and is non-commercial in nature. Information about locating and sharing knowledge and expertise is welcomed, but must have relevance to the topic on which an opinion is expressed or a discussion is initiated.
- Do not recruit members to join another website forum or chat group, whether personal or otherwise. if you have a suggestion for a new forum, please contact us or send your queries to member relations.
- vowelsindia.com encourages healthy discussion on the topics that members contribute to in forums and where relevant, members are allowed to post links to their content. However, overt promotion of, or inappropriate links to other known commercial websites on any forum are not permitted and will be removed. If you are unsure whether a link or a posting is allowed, please send your queries to member relations. The definition of an appropriate link is one that is relevant to both the posting and the forum topic. A commercial site is considered as one which promotes a product or service for a price or for other consideration that suggests it is a for-profit business.
Uploading copies of copyrighted material as a whole or in part on Vowelsindia.com without explicit permission from the copyright owner shall be deemed to infringe on the copyright and this applies to materials such as text, images, music, movies, games, and other software in digital and analog format. Vowelsindia.com reserves the right to immediately delete such material without prior permission / consultation from the member. If you suspect that an image submitted to Vowelsindia.com is copyright protected and has been used fraudulently, please contact us immediately or send us an email to member relations.
The Platform is always reaching out to a wider audience by showcasing the best of our member contributions. However, in doing so, we will not allow to be uploaded anything on the site that we think could be potentially endangering or is inflammatory or embarrassing to our members. It also helps members to be aware of certain things in the interest of their safety.
- All members need to be aware that when they upload their photos on the Platform, the photos are not only visible to the entire internet community but can also be downloaded, since any image that can be displayed on a computer screen can be saved by the person viewing it. It is technically not possible to prevent this and hence Vowels cannot be held liable in such cases. If you are worried about someone else viewing or saving your images, then please do not submit them.
- Do not recruit members to join another website forum or chat group, whether personal or otherwise. If you have a suggestion for a new forum, please contact us or send your queries to member relations.
- Vowels encourages healthy discussion on the topics that members contribute to in forums and where relevant, members are allowed to post links to their content. However, overt promotion of, or inappropriate links to other known commercial websites on any forum are not permitted and will be removed. If you are unsure whether a link or a posting is allowed, please send your queries to member relations. The definition of an appropriate link is one that is relevant to both the posting and the forum topic. A commercial site is considered as one which promotes a product or service for a price or for other consideration that suggests it is a for-profit business.
- All members are reminded that they may be held legally accountable for what they say or do online. In particular, members may be held liable for any defamatory comments, threats and / or untrue statements or other illegal and fraudulent claims made by them.
- Vowels does not endorse the opinions expressed by its members.
- If any member fails to observe the above rules of conduct at any time, Vowels reserves the right to terminate the membership of the member and / or delete all their contributions (either temporarily or permanently) from the site, depending on the nature and severity of the breach and without prior warning or consent of the member.
- Registration as a member of this Platform at any time past or present and use of the Platform and all its product / service offerings will be taken as acceptance of the above rules of conduct. Vowels’s decision on all matters is final and binding on its members. Legal jurisdiction for all disputes is the High Court of Chennai, India.
- The Platform endeavours to foster a vibrant local service need platform that serves millions of users and businesses. We are here to serve our members 24×7 and use all feedback to refine and improve the online experience for our members. You can reach TEAM VOWELS anytime by writing to enquiry@Vowelsindia.com and we will respond to you in a timely manner. We hope you have an enjoyable and rewarding experience on the Platform.
In keeping with the provisions prescribed in the Information Technology Act 2000 and Rules made there under and as amended from time to time, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below: